A scientific thesis is a work that a large number of researchers seek to implement in its ideal form, as it is a dream of their dreams, and their goal is one of their goals through which they seek to present scientific research free of errors, but there are a large number of errors that researchers may make, and within the scope of this article we will talk About the most prominent mistakes that researchers make in writing the dissertation.
Mistakes to avoid in dissertation writing:
1- The researcher may make a mistake in writing the dissertation plan , so he chooses the first title that comes to his mind, and puts it as a problem for his research before he is sure that this title can be made a question for the research, and before he is sure of the availability of sufficient sources and references for the research, and this matter leads to his inability to answer the questions Which the supervising committee may put forward about the theories related to the problem, its issues, its background, and related sub-problems.
2- Avoid long titles that are more than fifteen words, to make it easier to memorize Confusion between the results of the research and its importance in the results of the research.
3- The objectives of the research are the results that will be achieved at the end of the research. The importance of the research lies in the scientific benefits that the research will provide us with.
4- Not formulating the research problem in a good way, the researcher may make a mistake in the way he formulates the research problem, and he formulates it in a wrong way that exaggerates and exaggerates greatly.
5- The mistakes that the researcher commits in the introduction, such as if his introduction is long and boring in the reader, so it does not motivate him to complete the reading of the research, or if the introduction is brief and through it the researcher cannot understand the problem of the research properly.
6- The researcher may err in the way he presents the previous studies, as he does not present the deficiencies that he discovered in them, and he also avoids talking about the length of the period that has passed on them, and thus the possibility of the emergence of new things that did not exist when those studies were written.
7- The researcher may include in his research a number of concepts that are far from the required meaning, as if he mentions definitions and information from sources that are not scientifically reliable, and that he frequently repeats definitions in the research without the existence of a reason for that.
8- The mistake in asking questions , confusing questions with hypotheses, or that his questions have a known answer, and therefore they are not suitable to be the problem of the research, and that the questions begin with “with” and that is with the word “is”, and therefore the answer is limited to yes or no.
9- Mistakes made in choosing the appropriate research methodology , he may make a mistake in choosing the appropriate methodology for his research, so the researcher must have sufficient information about scientific methods to avoid making such a mistake.
10- Errors in documenting sources and references, as there are for every scientific research and thesis sources and a reference to which the researcher returns in writing his research, and he must adhere to the methods of documentation used, but there are a number of researchers who are ignorant of these methods and therefore fall into error.
11- Using present verbs a lot in the message, and it is more correct to avoid using these verbs and focus on past verbs.
12- One of the common mistakes is that the researcher mentions a source in the body of the thesis, and does not mention it in the list of sources and references at the end.
13- Non-taw heed terminology in the treatise, where the researcher uses more than one term, and this is one of the common mistakes.
14- One of the common mistakes is the use of statistical methods that are not compatible with the research.
In conclusion, we hope that we have succeeded in providing you with useful information that will help you avoid making mistakes while writing your dissertation , and that your adherence to these instructions will contribute to bringing your thesis to safety.
Take help from dissertation writing services from specialized scientific research of high quality, which must bear many specifications
It puts us in front of a scientific study that presents the new and important thing in the research field in which the research is presented.
Therefore, writing a dissertation requires: Long time, great effort, high knowledge and experience
In addition to having the skill and relying on scientific organization and methodology, and great accuracy that exceeds writing research and scientific theses at the master's level.
Note that the doctoral student must write a doctoral dissertation or dissertation with no less than six chapters as a minimum
In most cases, there are at least three chapters for the theoretical framework of the dissertation.
When writing a dissertation, the researcher must follow a scientific approach that is appropriate to the research topic
He may also need to adopt more than one scientific method in the same study (the mixed methodology), which requires experience and high skill.
This is when the scientific researcher relies, when writing a doctoral dissertation or dissertation, on strong scientific terms that have deep connotations
It also requires experience, skill and creativity from the researcher. Before entering the information of the article, we point out that the master-theses site and through its large and specialized cadres, including scientific researchers who have a doctorate in various scientific fields.
They provide dear students with any service they need, and the required assistance will be provided
To ensure that all difficulties and obstacles that students may encounter when writing a doctoral dissertation are overcome.
Choose the topic and title of the dissertation
- This step is the basis on which the success of scientific research is built
- At this scientific stage, the researcher should choose a topic of great importance in the scientific field to which the researcher belongs.
- It should be an original and specialized topic that can be studied, resolved and measured
- It is commensurate with the scientific researcher’s skills, knowledge, and financial capabilities, and that the researcher has sufficient time to study the subject.
- Also, the scientific researcher then proceeds, by writing a doctoral dissertation, to specify the research title that comprehensively expresses the subject of scientific research.
It bears all the specifications of a good thesis title, that it be of medium length, its words are understandable, simple, memorable, and not subject to interpretation.
Projectsdeal.co.uk — The most popular and best-rated dissertation writing service, especially for PhD research writing services in the UK.
Research proposal design
The scientific researcher should take care of this step from the steps of writing a dissertation to submitting a coherent research proposal
He can obtain the approval of the supervision and evaluation committees, and to achieve this, the scientific researcher must take care of several things.
The most prominent things that the scientific researcher is keen on when designing the research proposal
- Designing and writing the brief introduction that shows the importance and benefits of the research under study, the extent of its novelty and originality, and what it offers to its scientific specialization or to the community, with a brief reference to the most important objectives of the research and the methodology used in the study.
- Clarify the main objectives of the dissertation, and the secondary objectives that derive from it, which must be achieved by the results of the research.
- Clarifying the interrogative research questions, or its definitive hypotheses, which show the researcher's expectations of the results he will reach, and this is confirmed or denied by the research results.
- Clarifying the substantive boundaries of the dissertation, and if the research is concerned with a specific place or places, or a specific time , the researcher must clarify the spatial and temporal boundaries of the scientific research.
- The scientific researcher, through writing the dissertation, must be keen to mention the sources and references on which he relied, and that they be documented in the proper academic scientific form, and to avoid any form of plagiarism or plagiarism.
- Clarifying the method or scientific methodologies used in the study, the reason for choosing them, their relationship to the subject of the research, and their role in reaching sound logical results.
- Clarifying the form of collecting information and data, is it from the research sample and through the study tools (With an explanation of the reason for choosing the study tool, and how to choose the sample that expresses the research topic). Information can also be collected indirectly, from sources and references that are related to the subject of the research in whole or in part, and that contribute to reaching sound logical results.
- Draw a timeline for the general dissertation writing, and for each of the elements or steps of this thesis, in order for the scientific researcher to remain within the time he has to submit the thesis.
The absence of this scheme may make the scientific researcher reach a stage where he does not have enough time to finish the research, which forces him to rush through some steps and stages, which affects the accuracy of the research results.
Research and in-depth study when writing a doctoral dissertation
This stage includes many stages, the most prominent of which is the collection of information and data related to the research topic, and it is a stage that precedes many of the steps that we mentioned in the research proposal.
Where the scientific researcher collects a lot of information and data, then chooses what is appropriate for the completion and writing of his doctoral dissertation.
In the case of relying on the research sample, it is assumed that it is a sample that logically represents the research community, and that its size is commensurate with the information required to be obtained and with the size of the research community.
It is also assumed to choose study tools that provide accurate information and data.
In the case of reliance on indirect sources, the reliability of the sources and references on which he relies must be ensured.
The sources must also be arranged and organized and placed on an external booklet, so that the researcher does not get lost and confused later and has to waste a lot of time in the documentation process, and to ensure that he has not fallen into scientific theft or plagiarism.
Writing the theoretical framework for a doctoral dissertation
It is one of the most important sections of writing a doctoral dissertation, from writing the introduction, objectives, hypotheses or research questions, to defining the methods and limits of research.
In order to display information and data, study and analyze them through the body of the thesis, which is considered the largest of its sections, which extends to the analysis of data and information, leading to sound scientific results.
Also, the scientific researcher presents, through writing the thesis, the results of the research related to what has been studied, which answers the questions or hypotheses of the research, and achieves its objectives.
Then he proceeds to present the research recommendations, and the conclusion of the research that shows its value and the value of the results reached by the research.
The researcher must document all the sources and references he relied on, whether in the body of the research or in the list of sources and references.
Important tips for writing a doctoral dissertation
- The thesis must be linguistically sound, and therefore the researcher must review the thesis or doctoral dissertation himself (if he has great capabilities) or through a proofreader, and ensure that it is free of any spelling, grammatical or linguistic errors.
- The scientific researcher should prepare an initial draft and present it periodically to the supervisors, to ensure the integrity of the research workflow.
- Keeping a notebook on which he writes new notes that are related to the topic of the thesis.
- Using the computer and technological means to arrange and organize the content of the research, and to analyze and save data, in order to write a distinguished, high-quality dissertation that achieves success and the required evaluations, and thus obtains the highest scientific degree in the researcher’s specialty.